Andy and I were having a mommy/Andy afternoon while Katie was sleeping. Andy really wanted me to trace his body and draw in it. So...that's what we did. While we were coloring, Andy and I were chatting about preschool, how his hair is the color "golden" and normal 4 year old stuff...like which cars are his favorite and what he wants Santa to bring him for Christmas (more cars). While we were chatting, Andy was filling in the features on his face - his mouth - a big smile. I asked Andy, what makes you smile? His response...Huh? So we talked about what makes him smile, laugh, feel happy inside, etc. Here is his list:
1. Playing with my cars. I have lots of cars. (This actually came up every time I asked him what makes him happy...but I had to try and get him to get off the car topic).
2. Looking at flowers (really?!?)
3. When daddy gives me hugs.
4. When Katie and Daddy tickle me.
5. Going to the scone store (Starbucks).
Well, there you have it. The simplicity of what makes a 4 year old boy happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment