Saturday, October 6, 2012

I don't want to be a big girl...

After a weekend of prepping Katie, we decided Sunday night was going to be her first night in her big girl bed.  When we asked her if she wanted to go sleep in her big girl bed...she was all smiles, excited, and positive.  Hence the picture below:

 
 
After we read a story and said prayers...we started to sing her "night night song."  She figured out what was happening...that we actually were going through with this big girl bed thing...and she interrupted us and cried with big alligator tears, "I don't want to be a big girl."  "I want crib."  "Tomorrow big girl."  It broke my heart, but we really want her to be comfortable in her new room before baby comes, so we were persistent.  After about 30 minutes of songs and conversation, she finally agreed to let me leave her room...not without telling me many, many times that she doesn't want to be a big girl.  Oh Katie, you have no idea how much I don't want you to be a big girl yet either.  Every day she seems to grow up before our eyes. 
 
One week later - she has been a champ and loves her new bed.  Thank goodness she's always been a good sleeper considering sleepness nights are looming around the corner.
 
We love you big girl!

No comments: