Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Andy's New Routines

As we are getting ready for baby (coming about one month from today!), we have been trying to transition Andy and Katie into the routines that they will be in when she arrives.  Also, this pregnant lady is pretty physically exhausted at night, so Kyle has been so wonderful at taking over after his long days at work.  So, he's been in charge of getting the kids down at night.  Andy loves this time with his daddy.  He often times with ask me to leave if I try to join them.  Their routine is bath, brush teeth, pick out a book, prayers, and bed.  Nothing fancy, but Andy loves it.  I have to say, Kyle is a MUCH better book reader than I am.  By night time, I am more focused on how many pages are left, whereas Kyle gets very animated, reads slowly and carefully, and is quite entertaining.  No wonder Andy prefers him to read stories.  Here's a shot of them comfy in bed.  And they are reading the "world book," Andy's favorite these days.  Yep, my 4 year old chooses to read the encyclopedia before bed.


We also moved our car seats around.  Andy gets his own special row in the back of the Suburban.  He's pretty excited.  He's almost able to get himself totally buckled...well, he can, but I usually am in too much of a hurry to allow him to take the time to do it.  So he buckles the top buckle and I buckle the bottom.  The most exciting change for Andy is that he has his very own cup holders.  Usually these are used as a home for one of his monkeys.
 
 

No comments: