Today is such a nice February day! It's probably around 60 degrees and I am LOVING it. I underestimate the extent of how much the sun impacts my mood until days like today. Ahhh. Today is Friday, which means both kids have school. I spent the morning with Katie at Coop and then we took a nice walk in the sunshine to pick Andy up. From there we decided to head to the park - today was a declared day off from all non-child related work for me...a day with the kids! Katie is now walking a higher percentage than she is crawling which is a game changer. The park was a little crazy, but also such a nice change to just let both kids do their thing. I guess I got a little distracted while chatting with some of the moms in my excitement to have two "self-sufficient" kids.
In mid-sentence, I looked over at Andy, pants around his ankles, "nature-peeing" in the kid-filled sand-box. Luckily he only hit sand...not the other kids. I felt like the whole playground stopped to stare at my reaction. What to do? What to do? Do I scoop his pee soaked sand up and throw it in the bushes? I helped Andy to quickly pull his pants up, covered up his "pee-marking" in the sand and told him to let me know the next time he had to go potty (also trying to hold back from laughing at the humor of the scene). I definitely received many evil glares from the other moms at the park today. But sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and laugh at what your kids do, right?
Happy Friday!
1 comment:
Look at those parents and tell them Andy's pee is more sterile than the sand their kid just put in his mouth. :) xoxo
Post a Comment