One thing is for sure with this girl – she is going to do
things HER way. She loves books, but only
if she is holding them in her lap and she is flipping the pages. She loves to eat, but only if she is holding
the spoon and feeding herself.
Katie has a deep voice, especially compared to Andy’s beeker
voice. Some of the things that she is
saying these days: When she wants
something she says, “I’s” (I want).
She’ll say it over and over -
“I’s, I’s, I’s’). She calls Andy
“Baboo” for brother. She adores him and
is his little shadow. She is saying “I
want” in front of almost any phrase, but it sounds more like “I wahhhh” with
the “wahhh” really high pitched. Her
most common phrase is “I wahhhh momma.”
(I have to say this melts my heart because both kids said Dadda first,
always light up when dada walks in the room…which they still do, but fun for
Katie to want me for a change). She also
says, I wahhh appsaw (applesauce), cookie, booo (book), baby, bah or lammy (her
favorite lambie animals that come everywhere with us), sometimes confused with
ba (ball), or baba (milk) or Bapa. Here
are a few more of her favorite phrases these days: piiiiey wieey wieey (piggy wiggy aka pig),
nayyy (neigh aka horse), moo (cow), wu wu (woof – dog), show (tv – I know, I
know, bad mom), shus (shoes), saws (socks), cookie, chis (cheese), peas
(please), tank ew (thank you), pwitty (pretty – her hair clip), and NOOOOO
(very common and very loud).
At night we sing the night-night song: “Nigh Nigh Katie, Nigh Nigh Katie, Nigh Nigh
Katie, it’s time to go to bed.” Now
she’ll start singing it when she’s tired.
That girl…she’s always been so good at going to sleep…something I
appreciate so much. She gives great high
fives and fist bumps and blows big kisses.
Her new favorite thing is to blow big pretend bubbles and pop them
(something she learned at preschool).
She still loves pee-boo (peek-a-boo) and starts playing at random times
to get a laugh out of you. Her favorite
songs are the itsy bitsy spider, ring around the rosie, and Old McDonald (or
more specifically, e-i-e-i). Whenever
music comes on, she starts to shake her booty, and sway her head, which is
pretty darn cute. She still sucks her
thumb most of the time – especially when she is unsure of a situation or, of
course, when she is tired. Her all-time
favorite thing is to find a bag and fill it with anything she can find, dump it
out, and fill it again…over and over and over.
If the bag is the right size, she’ll carry it around everywhere she goes
like it’s her purse. She would much
rather play with cars, trains, and airplanes over dolls or babies. She is starting to figure out coloring, but
would rather collect the crayons in a bag and take them somewhere (which
doesn’t work well with her brother).
Although she is learning to have a little (or BIG) temper at
times, she mostly is a happy girl.
She’ll just let you know when she’s not and really expects you to do
something about it. I love seeing her
personality, opinions, and confidence come out more and more.
No comments:
Post a Comment