Kyle and I are implementing a new pattern - date night. We have gotten out of the habit of spending time together - just the two of us - without kids. We are going to trade off who plans the date - a surprise for the other person. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant - just something fun to look forward to. Kyle was in charge of our first date and I loved it! The anticipation of the surprise, the time together - it was a special treat. We are starting with once a month and hoping to make it more frequent. We went to a dinner spot in Ballard that we have been talking about going to for awhile - Plaka. We got there at 5:30, which was early, but perfect as it allowed us to have a long dinner without feeling rushed by the line of people waiting to have our table. Great food, great wine, great atmosphere. After dinner Kyle had picked out a movie for us to go to, "The Artist." I love a good movie, but being our first date night in awhile, I wasn't in the mood to sit through a silent movie, I wanted to talk (surprise, surprise). So, we skipped the movie, went to Basin & Robbins and sat eating ice cream for 2 hours. Just what we needed. Can't wait for the next date night! And thank you to Gamma for allowing us to enjoy a night out!

No comments:
Post a Comment