Monday, November 19, 2012

The first 5 Days: Day #3 - November 8th

Day #3 started off well as we were told Abi's breathing was getting better, her stats were improving and we were going to be able to hold her!  Holding Abi was just what I needed.  I was feeling a little empty not having my child in the room, not being able to put her on my chest, not being able to breast feed, and connecting skin to skin filled my soul.  Sounds cheesy, but it made me feel complete.  And, from that point on, Abi only improved, so I think it helped her on some level too.
 
On Thursday, Bapa took Andy on a day of errands.  They went up to Whidbey, visited the Warmes, and then came to visit us at the hospital.  Andy had a blast (and I think Bapa did too).  Also, Galen came to visit as well and brought me a gardenia, which made my room smell much, much better. 
 

At this point, she was on normal oxygen (no extra - just room air flowing through her nose) and was being supplemented with a lipid mixture and my breast milk through the tube to her tummy. 

No comments: