Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pregnancy Brain

Every Friday for the past month I have been going to the OB's every Monday for my weekly check and Fridays for a non-stress test.  Given that I had a placental abruption and every pregnancy has had its own complications, they are keeping a close eye on me.  I am very thankful for that.

In this last week of being pregnancy, I think that my brain officially has become foggy.  I am tripping on things left and right, I am forgetful, and my patience level is very low.  Sorry family : )

Both Katie and Andy have school on Fridays.  Since I head to my OB's, Kyle is in charge of drop off.  He has been such a supportive and flexible dad and husband especially since I know I am not the most pleasant to be around right now. 

So, yesterday, I am sitting at the doctor's and I receive the following text from Katie's preschool:

"Happy to have Katie with us this am, is everything okay with you?"

Sweet, right?  Except it was from Katie's teacher where she goes on Mondays and Wednesdays.

So, I call Kyle (at this point frustrated as I am over in Bellevue - thinking, come on Kyle, get it together)...

Me:  Hi.  What day is it?
Kyle:  Friday, why?
Me:  Where does Katie go to school on Fridays?
Kyle:  Oh sh!t.

Yep, Katie goes to Coop on Fridays.  I actually find this very humorous now.  I almost went into labor laughing about it last night.  Both of Katie's teachers were very gracious and humored by our crazy state of mind right now.  I know they are thinking...and how are they going to do it with THREE?  I will blame it on pregnancy brain...for both of us : )

And to top it all off, Katie was so sweet about the whole thing.  When Kyle was driving her from one preschool to the other, she said, "I get to go to TWO preschools today."  When I picked her up, she was telling me that daddy was "silly daddy." 

Wish us luck?!?

1 comment:

kris7179 said...

Too funny! I hear from Amy Friday is the big day, thinking of you!!!