Sunday, March 31, 2013

Abi Update

We had Abi's weight check this week.  I felt as though there was a lot of pressure on me as I have been working so hard to get Abi to gain weight over the past 3 weeks.  Around the clock (literally) I am pumping, or feeding, or thinking about what I am putting in my mouth/reading labels/trying to find new recipes/snacks/or prepare so I get enough calories to give Abi enough nutrients.  Deep breath.

Abi gained 12 ounces and grew 1/2 inch in 21 days.  It's not the big growth spurt Dr. Allen was hoping for, but he was pleased with the growth.  We're not sure if it's the pumping and feeding by bottle or the change in diet, but her growth definitely took a curve shift, which is good news.  Dr. Allen feels strongly that Abi has a dairy and soy protein intolerance, something she eventually will outgrow.  For now, I am instructed to keep this schedule up as breast milk is the best thing we can give her.  We can introduce solids if we want to, but it would be "just for fun" as at this age she isn't mature enough to eat/digest solids and have it pack on the calories.

Overall, we are thankful for her growth and pray that her intolerance is the only issue we are facing.  Grow girl grow!!!  I was very relieved after the appointment as it has been a very physically and emotionally draining 3 weeks, but it all served a positive purpose.

Abi's stats as of 3/27/13

Weight:  10 lbs, 4 ounces (still not on the charts)
Height:  23 1/2 inches - 10% (woo hoo!)
Head:  38 1/2 cm (same)

Happy, Silly girl : )
 Sitting in her bumbo - with her brother who LOVES her

No comments: