Dr. Allen finally decided that he is worried about Abi's weight. She has fallen off her 2 % curve. Although she is hitting all of her developmental milestones, looks healthy, acts healthy, is happy, isn't fussy, sleeps 10 hours a night (all great things!), he isn't comfortable with her size. So, we're testing her poop, feeding her pumped milk by bottle 3 times a day on top of my normal breast feeding, and eliminating dairy (casein, whey, lacto, cheese, yogurt, milk) and soy from my diet for 3 weeks. I didn't think eliminating milk and soy from my diet would impact me too much (besides my morning latte!). Come to find out that soy or milk is in about everything except for raw foods. I already have learned a lot...but have a lot more label reading and learning to do. I would do anything for the health of my baby - so it's a small sacrifice if it's going to help her thrive. I just really hope it helps. At 4 months old here are her stats:
Weight: 9 lbs, 8 ounces - not even on the charts
Height: 23 inches - 2%
Head: 38 cm - 5%
Where will you find me over the next three weeks? Pumping, bottle feeding, breast feeding, and reading labels. Grow baby girl grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment