Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Katie Girl

Katie oh Katie.  She is so full of personality - it feels like it is bursting out of her these days.  She's really into princesses and ballerinas.  Her favorite characters are "Sophia the first" and Dora.  She is really good at playing make-believe and I love eavesdropping on her conversations with herself.  I laugh when she disciplines/encourages/coaches her animals/dolls/cars like I talk to her.  She is very into dressing herself...or pretty much doing anything herself.  She has a lot of confidence and a lot of sass and can shake her booty like the best of them.  When she puts on a dress or a shirt that she likes, she'll walk into the room and proclaim, "I SO beautiful!"  She carries her lambies and boo everywhere and is very ticklish. She is quite the daddy's girl right now, but wants to do everything that I am doing.  We recently painted our toes together.  I should have chosen a different color, because she started crying because she thought her toes were bleeding.  She falls down or gets tackled (by her brother) pretty often, but she's really tough.  She loves when she gets a chance to wear a bandaid (especially princess bandaids).  At her recent dentist appointment, it was pretty much confirmed that we will be having to get a check up with the orthodontist...unless we can get her to stop sucking her thumb by the time she's 4.  I highly doubt that is possible - she loves that right thumb of hers.  She is good at telling us when she needs something.  For example, when she's had about enough of me spending time with Abi, she'll look right at me and say, "I want mommy time."  She will tell us her tummy hurts when she isn't feeling quite right and she will tell us when she's tired and wants to go nigh nigh.  I hope she continues to be direct and open as she gets older!

She is quite the little chatter box, and I love the little saying she uses when mixing up words.
-Mommy, where you are?  (instead of where are you?)
-I SO hungry
-No, I do it!
-When Kyle says, "Are you my princess?" she responses "FOREVER!"








No comments: