We just returned from a 10 day stay in Palm Desert. It was WONDERFUL. The kids and I were down there for the full time and Kyle joined us the last 4 days for an extended Easter weekend. The weather was warm, sunny, and such a nice change from the winter we have had in Seattle. I had a tough time boarding the plane today - just thinking about heading back home. Andy's thoughts echoed my thoughts when we landed. He looked out the window and said, "Mom, where did the sunshine go?" I told him that it stayed in Palm Desert. On the car ride home from the airport (in the pouring rain), Andy said he wanted to go back down and play some golf. He asked if we could go swimming in the rain when we got home. When we walked in the door, he ran and grabbed his plastic golf clubs. Needless to say, I am not the only one who already is missing our routine down in the warm sunshine. Ka and Bapa were Andy's (and Katie's) buddies for the week. It brings me so much joy to see my parents light up with our kids and even more to see how much our kids adore them. Andy and Bapa were attached at the hip and they were buddies golfing, swimming, reading books, telling stories, sharing cookies, and golfing some more. Andy even wanted to sleep in his new golf hat and asked for Bapa first thing every morning and when he woke up from naps. Andy was a broken record asking "watcha doing Bapa?" and "where's Bapa" or "what's Bapa doing?" I was even able to get a few holes in with my dad. Ka cooked the best meals all week, helped change diapers, fed Katie, gave the kids baths, cuddled with Andy to get him to fall back asleep at nap time so I could read my book, and shuffled the kids to and from the pool every day. She was my TV partner at night, when I could stay up past 9PM, and my walking buddy in the mornings. I even was able to have a night out with Jodie and a night out with Kyle and some of our friends that were down there at the same time. I could get used to the routine we established! Thanks Mom and Dad for such a relaxing 10 days and for being so selfless with your time. We were spoiled and appreciate you so much. Stay tuned for pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment