Over the past month I feel like Andy has become a new little dude. He is talking up a storm, he has learned how to manipulate Kyle and me, and more than ever I have learned that I need to "run" him just like I need to "run" Henry every day. Andy's energy - if not released - causes everyone else in the house to go crazy at the end of the day. On the flip side, I LOVE that Andy has his own opinions, can hold his end of the conversation, makes observations about things, his imagination grows every day, and he makes me laugh every day. He is understanding the concept of sharing with his sister - or "trading" toys - and he is getting the fact that he has to be gentle with her - FINALLY. We have started on the path of potty training, but it is exhausting. Andy doesn't really seem to mind going to the bathroom in his underwear, as long as the underwear has Lightning McQueen or Mater on them. He just says, "Oops, mommy clean up, okay?" and then wants a new pair of exciting underwear. During nap time, Andy rarely naps and usually takes his bed apart or dumps all of his clothes out of his drawers all over the floor. He still needs the nap, but usually is too curious to fall asleep. More selfishly, I need him to nap so that I have a few seconds to myself during the day. If he just has "quiet time" it ends up being the game of 20 questions. Andy loves asking "why?" to everything. EVERYTHING. But right when I think I have reached my max, he'll turn to me and say, "mommy, I love you SOOOO much." It fills my tank right back up : ) This stage is taxing but fun and I love seeing the world through Andy's eyes. If only kids stayed so innocent!
Mr. Patch is back - 1 hour a day for 6 months. Luckily he does't seem to mind too much.
The helicopter was his gift for going poop on the potty
Lightening McQueen unerwear - and cars in both hands. Andy loves anything that has to do with cars or trains - and especially loves the movie Cars.
Pointing out that his underwear has stars on them. Love those buns!




No comments:
Post a Comment