Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers' Day

This year, Fathers' Day has special meaning since we just had our baby girl a couple of days ago. I have such a special relationship with my dad. He is my buddy, my mentor, and just fun to be around. When Kyle and I first found out that we were having a girl, my first thought went to excitement for Kyle to experience the father-daughter relationship that I have with my dad (and of course getting to experience the relationship I have with my mom). My second thought was hoping that our little girl would get to experience Indian Princesses like I did with my dad...and the list continues, skiing being at the top of the list. What a gift a baby girl is to us. I am so thankful for my dad and the role he plays in my life. I look forward to seeing him continue in his role as "Bapa" as he is so great with the little kids and it reminds me of how he was with us growing up. Love you Dad!

Kyle has surprised me in how wonderful of a father he is. When I met him, this quality was one that made me fall in love with him - I knew he would be a great dad some day. But - he has surprised me in how much of a natural he is and I think it's such a sexy trait : ) I love the way Andy runs to him when he comes home from work and both of their faces light up when they see each other. Andy absolutely adores his daddy and I can't wait to see the relationship with Katie develop in the same way. I have a feeling she's going to have him wrapped around her little finger. Kyle - I love you so much and look forward to our adventures as parents.

No comments: