We are in the final two weeks before baby girl arrives - and let me tell you - I AM READY. I have said that God created memory lapse during the last month of pregnancy and the first three months of birth...otherwise we wouldn't have children again. Well, I have hit my limit. I am so thankful to have a healthy baby growing inside of me - but I really don't know how there is any more room for her to grow. I am dying to meet her - wondering what she is going to look like, what her personality is going to be like, curious how Andy is going to react. I also feel like the closer you get to something you are waiting for - the harder it is to wait. I just want this baby to be healthy and for everything to go smoothly - and I am anxious!
My saving grace these days is Andy (and my patient husband, of course). Andy is full of beans and I feel as though he has gone through quite a change over the past few weeks. His quiet temperament has become one that is full force, active, and non-stop. He repeats EVERYTHING, even words he hears from stranger's conversations. He thinks hitting people is humorous (especially his cousin Miller). He doesn't understand time-out and pretends he doesn't understand what "no" means...in fact, he laughs at the concept of both. You may ask, how is this a saving grace while being 9 months pregnant? Well, even though this phase is tiring and tests my patience at times - it keeps me busy and keeps me smiling.
Andy makes me laugh and smile all the time - even when he is being a bugger. He is my buddy, and I cherish the time I get with him - just Andy and mom - until the baby comes. I know I will look back on these days and remember them fondly.
My favorite "new" action of Andy's is his fist bump. He has been giving high-fives and fist bumps for awhile, but now when you say, "Andy bump," he holds out his fist and says "Ah yeah!" with a lot of enthusiasm.
So being 9 months pregnant and having a very active almost 2 year-old, how do I keep my sanity? A lot of fist bumps. Ah yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment