Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Abi Update

Abi gained 20 ounces in 20 days.  We were ecstatic   With this news, I made the emotional decision to be done breastfeeding (or really pumping...so it shouldn't be emotional...it's just so FINAL).  It is such a relief to know that we hopefully are on the right track.  The only issue is that Dr. Allen recognized that the formula concentration (Nutramigen to water ratio) seemed incorrect.  He was right, and we were actually dehydrating Abi.  The Nutritionist comforted me by saying, "well, at least it wasn't medication."  Hmmm.  Now, we're on a "safer" concentration and hoping she still gains, although she seems to be holding steady at her 12lbs 5 ounces.  I never knew this could be so exhausting and emotional, but big picture she appears to be HEALTHY.  Counting our blessings!

1 comment:

The Doden 4 said...

Congratulations Annie & Abi! This is wonderful news. I've been checking in daily to read the latest update keeping my fingers crossed for good news. So happy!