Thursday, May 23, 2013

Little Friends - Volunteer Day

I volunteered in Andy's class this week (3rd to last day of class, and 1st time volunteering).  Andy usually "prefers" for me to drop him off (and run).  Out of the blue, he asked me, "Mom, do you think you can stay in my class one of these days?"  I couldn't pass up on the opportunity, so Kyle stayed home with the girls while I went to class.  Andy was SO excited to have me in class.  He kept yelling across the room, "I love you mommy!"  Pretty soon, a couple of other students started joining in, "I love you Andy's mommy!"  It was a kairos moment : )  It was pretty funny - as other kids were being sent to the "listening chair," Andy would look at me and say, "aren't you glad that's not me?"  Oh buddy.  

We played construction, read some books, worked on some puzzles, and I got a sneak preview of the sing-along next week.  Wednesday also was teacher appreciation day, so the night before, we worked on our glitter cards.  It was such a treat to be a part of Andy's day, and it melted my heart to see how proud and excited he was to have me there.


Practicing...and it cracks me up that Andy is next to the tallest guy in class.  Makes Andy look even smaller!

No comments: