Andy is participating in swim team at the Seattle Tennis Club for the first time this year. He is part of the 4 - 5 year old's group called Lil Pirates. We weren't sure how Andy would take to it as he can be really into swimming or really NOT into it. As soon as he saw his team suit - he couldn't stop talking about it. After his first practice, he was a little confused. He asked why there weren't flags up and why he didn't get to swim the "long" way. I realized that he thought he was going to be swimming in a meet - like when he watched his cousins swim last year. I had to explain to him that he has to learn how to swim before he can swim the whole length of the pool. I love how kids think they can do something without even trying. At least he wasn't lacking in the confidence area : )


No comments:
Post a Comment