Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pajama Day

This week was "P" week at Andy's preschool.  Wednesday was Pajama Day and all the kids were able to bring their favorite "sleeping friend."  Andy was SO EXCITED to bring his monkey to school.  This week also was the beginning of Andy's "sticker chart."  He has continue to hit at school, so they are working on a reward chart - every day that he doesn't hit, he gets a stamp.  When he's gone a week without hitting, he gets a sticker.  Monday was the first day - and he didn't get a stamp.  Honestly, I felt like I had failed as a mom.  We talked about it over the weekend, on the way to school...and I could just tell that he was deflated when I picked him up from school as he didn't get his stamp.  Wednesday was a different day.  His teachers think it may have had to do with his little friend (monkey) joining him at school.  They said he had a GREAT day...so that equals me having a "kairos" moment.  We went for ice cream at Menchis to celebrate.  Friday - another stamp day.  Hooray for Andy.  We'll take these little moments to balance out those other moments!  This is Andy excited for school with his McQueen Jammies on!


No comments: