Friday, September 9, 2011

Morning Glories

We survived!  First day of drop-off preschool!  I should clarify...I survived.  Andy, well, he LOVED it.  I didn't need to lose an ounce of sleep over him.  Last night as I was falling asleep I was wondering, should I pack two extra pairs of underwear and shorts, or will one pair be enough.  Or...should I revert back to pull-ups, just to be safe?  Will he like his lunch - or will he throw it at his new friends like he does to me when he isn't excited about his food?  Will he push his new friends when he's frustrated that they're taking his cars like he pushes his sister when she takes "his" cars? 

He may have done all of the above listed things...but he made it through the 4 hours with the same pair of underwear and shorts.  When I dropped him off this morning, he barely said goodbye.  I had to force a kiss on him as he already was busy moving the cars around on the lego table.  They release the kids one by one as we picked them up today.  It was one of my most proud moments as a mom.  Andy ran out with the biggest smile and gave me the biggest hug and told me he had a great day.  Phew!  I know, I know, it's only preschool, but I think preschool is as much training for the moms as it is for the kids.  So proud of our little Morning Glory student!


1 comment:

Alison said...

This is such a cute post, it brought back so many memories of my first day of school. I want to go back!