Okay - I am going to do a blog dump. I am going to catch up on August all today. August is a big month in our family and it seems to have come and gone so quickly this year. We celebrated Kyle's and Callie's birthday on the 7th, Andy's 3rd birthday on the 12th, and our 7th Anniversary on the 28th. In between, we spent a lot of time up on Whidbey which means a lot of time with family. Now that September is almost over, I realize how fortunate I am to have my sisters and parents so accessible. I love that I get to be in my nieces and nephews lives so much and that Andy and Katie know their cousins like siblings. I also miss having Gamma able to come over and help out with the kids at the drop of a hat. She has been such a blessing and to helpful to Kyle and me this summer. I haven't posted about Gumpa as I don't even know where to begin, but we miss him and think and talk about him often. Luckily our kids are young enough in that they don't have a concept of time. If only that was the case for Alden as I know how dearly he wants to be involved in the daily comings and goings of the kids' lives. It's hard to believe he has been away for over 9 months and all that we have gone through over these last 9 months. Needless to say, it has been a perspective-building year.
On a positive note, Kyle has been busy with RockStar Motel. It has been fun to see him involved in something he is so passionate about. He loves building and has such a gift with his vision and ability to create that vision, but the challenge and excitement of being involved in something that is outside of his "norm" has been so cool. We are hopeful for what RockStar is going to bring.
Okay - now onto my picture dump. Stay tuned : )
No comments:
Post a Comment