Friday, September 3, 2010

Pack and Play and Poop and Nap Time

This has been a big week - but luckily the pack and play and poop do not go together.  First, whenever we travel or visit friends during nap time, we have put Andy in the pack and play.  Last week at my sister's, we did just that until we heard knocking on the door from where Andy was sleeping.  We though he must have "bumped" his way to the door (common practice for Andy).  Nope, he had crawled out of the pack and play and was knocking to get out.  Sigh - pack and play days are over for Andy.

In the same week Andy has been a lot more verbal about his poops.  He lets us know when he is going to go and he lets us know when he has gone (as if we couldn't smell it!).  When our pediatrician asked us if we thought he was aware of what was going on in the diaper - hinting at the idea of potty training - I said no, I am not ready.  Is that selfish?  Because I am not ready right now.  But, she planted a seed.  So yesterday Andy let me know he was going to poop.  We went to the potty, he grunted a few times, but nothing happened.  So he got off the potty and Andy headed over to Henry, pooped next to him and then peed on Henry.  I had to laugh, but it confirmed, WE are not ready for potty training! 

Then, during nap time, Andy took off his clothes and his diaper, put them on the shelf, and peed all over his room.  Let's just say it was a humorous day to be a mom - and I am thankful to have good carpet cleaner in our house.

No comments: