I have had a great birthday week. Being a younger one in my class, turning a certain age never was much of a shock to me. By the time it was my time to turn 30...it already had sunk in and I have embraced it. I actually am really excited for my 30's. I feel like my 20's were 10 years of self-discovery. Although I know that self-discovery will continue, it's nice to have a little better idea of who I am and what I want and to be surrounded by those who are in the same place.
My actual birthday was last Sunday, and we were in Sun River for Allison's and Rob's wedding. We had a great weekend with friends and ended the weekend with a big breakfast at the lodge. It was a treat and a great way to kick off the day. On the flight home, Kristin made sure the flight attendant knew it was my birthday, and she made sure that my seat and age were pointed out for the entire plane...thanks KP : ) After being away from Andy for the weekend, it was nice to come home and spend the afternoon and evening with him. We had pizza and yummy bread pudding for dessert. Kyle and I talked that we weren't going to do anything big for my birthday (for presents). Actually, we are going to the Tim McGraw concert later this month, and that was the perfect gift for me. After dinner, he surprised me with a new laptop and monitor. I love that he still can surprise me and with all that is going on - he took the time to design a laptop for my photography business. I am a pretty lucky girl!
On Tuesday we celebrated with my family and I was spoiled rotten. Thanks Mom for a yummy dinner - and thanks sisters for knowing me so well!
To cap off the birthday week, Carleigh and Alison treated me to a pre-natal massage at Spa del Lago. It was exactly what I needed. After some pampering, we went to McGilvra's for a yummy lunch and then Molly Moons for dessert. It was my first experience at Molly Moons - and it was TASTY - salted caramel and "scout" mint...just what the doctor ordered. I had to document below.

The day was so nice that Car and I took the dogs to the park and played with Andy. Spontaneously, we decided it was a good night for a BBQ, so we planned dinner and Car cooked a yummy meal. The boys played bocce ball in the park and took Andy in the cooler. He though it was pretty funny : )


I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people in my life. At 30, I have my health, an amazing husband, an energetic and happy little boy and a little girl on the way. Thanks to all of you for making me who I am and loving me for all my quirks : )
No comments:
Post a Comment