Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

We decided that we would try to move Andy to his big boy bed before the baby arrived. I already am not sleeping at night due to pregnancy insomnia - so why not stay up with Andy?!?Last night was night #2 in Andy's big boy bed. We have been catching up on the season finales on TV...LOST, Grey's Anatomy, etc. I honestly don't know which is more entertaining - watching TV or watching the video monitor. Night #1 - Andy played for about an hour and we had to go upstairs 3 times to let him know that he needed to sleep in his bed. Night #2 - after reading some books to himself and gathering all of the toys/animals/books onto his bed - he fell asleep on his own. Both nights - slept through the night! Hooray! Instead of getting up at 9:00 - he is getting up at 7:30 or 8 - which I can't complain about at all given that it's still "sleeping in" compared to most kids. Hopefully this pattern will keep up. He still is taking naps in his crib, because selfishly I need him to take a good nap (these days it's my nap time too!)...and when the baby comes, I need him to be contained and take good naps. So - we'll convert to his big boy bed completely over time.

2 comments:

Courtney & Ron said...

Hooray! Glad to hear he is transitioning well! Good boy Andy!

The Johnsons said...

Nice work!! Glad to hear the transition to the Big Boy bed is going well. I can't believe you are so close to welcoming your baby girl!!