Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Abigail at 3 months

Again, I have been shown how quickly and what a blur the first few months of a child's life are.  It is hard to believe that Abi is 3 months old.  I want to stop time and hold on to these little and big moments - not only with Abi but also with Andy and Katie.  It seems as though the more Abi grows, the older Andy and Katie appear.  I am feeling blessed for each of these precious little beings.  Each day is crazy, but I cherish the time I get to spend one on one, as a group, and as a family.  Some moments, I want to (and sometimes do) want to scream at the top of my lungs.  Other moments I love cuddling with all three in bed.  I also have realized the power and importance of some alone time and date nights in the midst of it all.

Andy has grown a ton these past few months.  His little humor is taking its own course and he loves just tagging along with Kyle or me.  I was organizing the kitchen and doing dishes and he was THRILLED to watch me and claimed himself as the "organizer helper."  He asked to help me organize the next day.  I may have created a monster!  

Katie seems so grown up these days.  She and Andy are buddies and play well together for at least a little while.  She also is good at letting us know her limits.  All of the sudden, she'll walk up to me and say, "I want mommy time."  It's as if she's had enough of me caring for Abi  and she just needs some love.  It melts my heart each time.  

Abi has gotten into a pretty good routine.  She has fallen off her weight curve, which means we have to get her weighed more frequently, but she seems to be at the minimum growth needed for her to be healthy.  Otherwise she's thriving, happy, and looks healthy.  As Katie always says, "she's tiny, tiny, tiny."  At 3 months, she's right at 9 pounds.  She is discovering her hands and puts them in her mouth a lot.  She also is discovering her toes.  She has a lot of little expressions, but mostly loves to give us big smiles.  Sometimes when we talk to her, she turns her head to the side as if she's embarrassed.  It's my favorite little expression of hers right now.  

Abi's schedule these days:  At about 8 pm, I feed her and have Abi time while Andy puts Katie and Andy to bed (super dad!).  I feed her again at around 10pm and put her down (still in our closet).  Abi wakes up usually around 8:30, so sometimes I have to get her up early.  I pump in the morning, feed Abi, and then we're off to the races with preschool and activities.  Then Abi usually sleeps in the car seat or if we're home in the vibrating chair.  Then Abi eats around 11:30, 2:30, 5:00 and then 8pm.  She enjoys her afternoon nap and loves the swing.  Keep it up baby girl!

No comments: