One of my favorite inspirational photographers, Me Ra Koh, had a blog post about how the need to be in control or in the know can be an obstacle in our creative journey. The blog post was entitled "Are We Okay Not Knowing?" It hit home not just in my photography but in my family life. It's good to be inspired as I definitely am one of those who feels I "need to be in the know." I have been trying to get my camera and just capture the moment without trying to get the "perfect" technical picture. I am also trying to release my need to be "in the know" in hopes it will expose me things that I haven't let myself see because I have needed to know what's next. Easier said than done. We'll see where it takes me! Here's part of blog post:
“Wanting to know where we are going is often how we fail to go anywhere at all. Rather than surrender to the mystery of the creative journey, we want to know each sight we will see, each obstacle we will confront. Each “something” that we will encounter if we dare to begin. The truth is that we cannot know where our creative trail is taking us. We cannot predict precisely who and what it is we will become. The only certainty is that we will change from who and what we are. We will become something larger and something more, but exactly the form that something more and larger will take is a creation that we have not yet created and cannot demand to know.”
-Julia Cameron





No comments:
Post a Comment