Sunday, January 9, 2011

Katie girl - 6 1/2 months

It has been a busy fall/winter and I haven't been very good at posting updates on the kids.  Here is my attempt.  Katie continues to be a great baby.  She is a solid sleeper - sleeping from about 7PM - 8AM and taking two naps - from around 10 - 11AM and 1 - 3PM.  I had to ask my pediatrician if she is sleeping too much.  I don't share this information with other moms as I know this is quite unusual and nothing is harder to hear when you aren't getting any sleep.  I know it's nothing I am doing or not doing - it's a bunch of luck - and I am SO thankful.  While we were in Palm Desert, she woke up every 2-3 hours to eat, and that little reminder made me appreciate her sleeping patters that much more. 

She is a happy girl and smiles with her eyes.  When people walk in the room, she locks eyes with you and them gives you a big smile and a giggle.  She loves her back and is perfectly content playing with her toes and toys while on her back.  She'll spend time on her tummy, but mostly likes her back and will roll to her back after some time.  If she's not chewing on something, she is sucking her right thumb.  She loves her monkey pacifier, her "dolly," and her blankie that has rubber parts to chew.  It's funny how kids pick their favorite toys. 

Katie squeals, giggles, and "talks" threw high pitched chatter.  She has been eating solids for about a month - mostly vegetables - and she is great at eating.  The biggest struggle is that she has decided she doesn't like the bottle in the past week - so I have lost a little freedom in that department.  We're hoping she takes to the bottle again soon!  Katie loves the exersaucer and jumpy seat.  She also is thoroughly entertained by her big brother who now talks to her in baby talk.

We LOVE our baby girl and the joy she brings into our lives.  I can't imagine our family without her! 


No comments: