Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Children's

I have a love/hate emotion toward Children's Hospital.  I LOVE that we have such an amazing resource in our back yard, but HATE it when I (or someone I love) have to utilize this resource.  Last night, Kyle and I took our little Katie to Children's.  She has had a bump on her head since she was born.  At first, doctors thought it was from being stuck in my pelvic canal and her scull just formed that way.  We learned last night that something like that should go away in the first few months after birth.  We checked into Children's, and since it was our first visit, we had to get our badges created.  They say that the badges only work for one day - but not to worry, the information will be stored in their database so that when we come back next time it is an easy process.  I was thinking...but I don't want to come back.  I am a little sensitive to Children's as it was there where I learned I had a tumor at the age of 15 (ironically, Katie saw one of the doctors who diagnosed my tumor).  So any lump or bump, especially on my child, makes me nervous.  All in all, we pretty much received the best news we could ask for.  Katie most likely has a Dermoid cyst in her skull.  We will be going in for a CT scan in the next few weeks to verify and to get an idea of the size.  She will need surgery, as these masses continue to grow and burst with high impact, but they like to wait until babies are one before surgery.  I can't imagine my 4 1/2 month old going in for surgery!  I want to get the CT scan results right now, but it is a test of patience and a practice of prayer. Driving to Children's on a rainy Monday night definitely puts things in perspective and is a good reminder that health is everything.  We are thankful for the resources at Children's.

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

So scary! Glad to hear that it was the best cast scenario. Thinking of you guys.

Elyssa said...

Please let Justin and I know if we can help in any way. Even if it's as simple as watching Andy.

Courtney & Ron said...

Thinking of you guys and I know everything will turn out fine, I have faith. Love to you all.